Join our team in the beautiful Sussex countryside near to Heathfield and Battle to support our residents to have a clean and hygienic home. Full training give, car drivers preferable, free parking, subsidised food, free hot drinks and snacks, very rewarding and lots of fun activities.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
1. To ensure the clean and hygienic maintenance of the home.
2. To keep a high standard of appearance to the quality of care and lifestyle afforded to each resident. This is particularly applicable to each service user's privacy and dignity, and in respect of each of the service user's personal possessions.
3. To maintain stocks of cleaning supplies.
4. To work within the team to ensure the smooth running of the home.
Responsible to the Deputy Manager
1. To be directly responsible to the Deputy Manager.
2. To clean all allocated rooms including furniture, fittings, fabric, carpets and equipment as outlined in the cleaning rota.
3. To be aware of the Health and Safety statement and of the COSHH statement.
4. To clean sanitary and other equipment, with particular attention to guidelines for the control of germs and infestation as outlined in the cleaning rota.
5. To maintain a regular supply of cleaning products.
6. To report any malfunction of equipment or fittings that require maintenance or cannot be kept to standard through normal cleaning procedures.
7. To deal with waste bags and their prescribed disposal.
8. To manage the laundry procedures and required throughput of laundry, thereby preventing unnecessary build up when necessary.
9. To ensure a regular supply of washing detergents.
10. To be responsible for checking that the washers/dryers are maintained in good working order and report faults to the Deputy Manager.
11. To keep the laundry room and storage area in a clean and hygienic condition.
12. To maintain a monthly budget for household products, and carry out cost comparisons when necessary.
13. To ensure COSHH data sheets and risk assessments are in place for all household products, and that these are kept up-to-date.
14. To work with service users, involving them in your role and supporting them on a 1:1 basis to help keep the environment clean.
15. Follow company’s policy and procedures and agreed working practices at all times.
16. To maintain stock records, ensuring this can be audited.
17. To perform other such duties as may be required.
18. Responsible to ensuring all residents are safeguarded and protected from abuse.
19. To have a good understanding of PBS, (Positive Behaviour support), and ensure your day-to-day practice is in line with PBS standards