Join our team in the beautiful Sussex countryside to support adults with Autism to live their best life. Full training give, car drivers preferable, free parking, subsidised food, free hot drinks and snacks, very rewarding and lots of fun activities.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
- To provide or assist in the wakeful night duty cover in the Home.
- To undertake certain domestic duties which can be performed during the night hours.
- To be appointed “person in charge” in the absence of senior staff.
- Be present and awake between 9.45pm and 7.45am on the days appointed. To take responsibility for that part of the Home between the departure of the evening staff and the arrival of the day staff the next morning.
- Carry out hourly checks around the building and any additional checks as determined by the Manager and with due regard for the resident’s privacy.
- Carry out regular checks on the building with special reference to fire protection.
- Answer emergency calls, assess the situation, support with the resident seeking help. Telephone the On Call member of staff and medical/emergency services when necessary.
- Assist residents who need help, reassurance or comfort.
- Assist residents in preparing for bed and waking in the morning as directed.
- Read and write reports (in English) in the appropriate records.
- In the time available between attending to residents, undertake domestic duties primarily in the areas of laundry and ironing, food preparation or cleaning as required.
- Use discretion and direction from on call in giving residents minor treatments as required e.g paracetamol/cough medicines. Check records before administering as guided by on call, fill out relevant documentation.
- Take part in staff meetings and training activities as directed.
- Be conversant with the Health & Safety Policy and Operational Policy of the Home and bring to the attention of the management any hazard or risk.
- Follow company’s policy and procedures and agreed working practices at all times.
- Undertake other reasonable duties pertaining to the smooth-running of the Home that may, from time to time, be requested. It does not normally form part of the duties of night staff to administer prescription-only drugs. This will only occur if such drugs must be administered between 10.00pm and 8.00am, and only on explicit instruction from the management.
IMPORTANT NOTE: As stated in the principle responsibilities, Point 1, you are required to stay awake during your night shift. Sleeping on duty constitutes gross misconduct and disciplinary action will be taken