Join our team in the beautiful Sussex countryside to support adults with Autism to live their best life. Full training give, car drivers preferable, free parking, subsidised food, free hot drinks and snacks, very rewarding and lots of fun activities.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
- To empower and enable the people we support to make choices that promote their independence.
- To promote independence, choice and engagement, to every part of a residents life
- To work in partnership with the residents ensuring a quality of life that is meaningful, fulfilling and fun
- Work in a manner that respects dignity, rights, values, beliefs and abilities
Responsible to the Team Leader
- Support residents who need help with personal care.
- Support residents with the choice of suitable clothes and with laundry.
- Promote engagement in person-centred mental and physical activity, tasks, and work.
- Encourage and promote community engagement.
- Support residents to maintain a safe and healthy environment.
- Support and guide residents where necessary in making and changing beds and towels in accordance with the rota.
- Report any illness, unusual behaviour or other problem impacting on resident’s wellbeing.
- Record health, activity, behaviour, and family contact in residents’ daily communication books.
- Fully participate in staff and residents meetings and in training activities as required and update knowledge on agreed working practices.
- Undertake a Key Worker responsibilities with for a resident, advocating for promoting their quality of life, maintain contact with family and friends and set and review goals. Contribute to residents care plans
- Supporting residents to prepare meals, maintain a healthy balanced diet and stay hydrated.
- Report to the Team Leader any incidents, accidents, stress support needs of residents, safeguarding, family contact or visitors to the home.
- Understand your responsibility within the Health & Safety Policy report to the management any hazard or risk.
- Follow to company’s policies and procedures and agreed ways of working.
- Undertake other duties pertaining to the smooth-running of the Home that may, from time to time, be requested.