PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
- To support the Registered Manager and the Management Team in all aspects of the Home’s management, including taking complete charge during designated shifts.
- To manage the team of support workers through strong leadership, coaching and mentoring. Planning and delegating the day to ensure safety and a good quality of life for the residents.
- To be responsible for the medication administration on designated shifts.
- To provide on call cover on a rotational basis.
- To help train Support Workers in all aspects of their work in the home. This will include being a Care Certificate mentor.
- To take responsibility for a designated area of work and to make progress reports back to the Manager
- To plan each shift for which they are responsible in respect of staff deployment.
- To plan each shift for which they are responsible in respect of resident activities.
- To give a hand-over at the beginning of each shift by receiving information form staff going off duty, passing information to new staff coming on duty.
- To be responsible for staff welfare and discipline, ensuring good practice and high levels of skills and knowledge, during designated shifts and report any occurrences to the Management Team.
- To help ensure that all staff contribute to the best of their ability to the efficient running of the Home and the creation of a family atmosphere.
- To respond immediately to conflict management.
- To be responsible for assessing the medical needs of residents and securing the appropriate treatment.
- To be responsible for the administration of both prescriptive and non-prescriptive medication, and to ensure that the relevant records are kept up to date.
- To help all staff in the promotion of residents’ wellbeing through the provision of mental and physical activities for residents, supporting them to engage in these, and sharing in their hobbies and interests.
- To monitor the work of all staff in the performance of their designated duties ensuring they are treating residents with dignity and respect.
- To answer emergency bells, the door, telephone, etc, and to greet and sign visitors into the home
- To read and write reports (in English) in relevant records
- To take part in and contribute to staff meetings, training activities and supervisions.
- To develop staff through supervision, coaching and mentoring.
- To liaise with residents’ families and update them on events and incidents
- To ensure key-workers are fulfilling their role, reviewing with them at supervisions and addressing any issues
- To find cover for shifts when staff are absent of sick, and to find cover for yourself when required.
- Follow company’s policy and procedures and agreed working practices at all times
- To undertake other duties pertaining to the smooth-running of the Home that may, from time to time, be requested.
Carricks Hill, Dallington, East Sussex, TN21 9JL